Some people will never get it

 My wife was working out in the yard a recent morning when I neighbor walked by and they starting talking. This neighbor was the YW President when my daughter was in YW's. They talked about a lot of things, but one thing they talked about was people making a difference. This neighbors sister had recently gone through a divorce and has stopped affiliating with the church. She mentioned how the bishop treated her and mentioned that he really could have been such an influence on her if he had done such and such. My wife then said, yes that our daughter could have used such support, any support from any leader, while she was going through things. This neighbor looked stunned and didn't remember anything that happened to her. Of course my wife reminded her of all the things that happened and especially the Seminary Graduation incident (see previous post); even though she had already talked to her about these things a few other times before. I guess it's one of those things, if it doesn't really affect me, then I don't worry about it type of things.

My daughter graduated from college a couple months ago and she sent this neighbor a graduation announcement at her request. This was a couple months before this yardside chat. Well a couple days after they talked, her son comes to the door with a card for my daughter recognizing her graduation. This was a nice gesture, but how much better would have been if she actually would have come and delivered it herself and maybe even talked and shown that she actually cared? 

I guess some people will never understand how much their attention, support and time could mean to someone else. Or maybe they just don't care.

Comments