Minor Things

We have all had boring or crazy teachers. When my daughter was about 14 her Sunday School class had 2 teachers. The thing about this certain class, ever since early Primary, was that all the girls were so quiet. It was really difficult to get them to talk. It changed a bit as they grew, but really a quiet group.  One week someone said something and made my daughter laugh a little bit. I am not sure what was going on with the class that day or in this teachers life at this time, but I guess she got really upset. She got mad at my daughter telling her she was very disrespectful and moved her to a different seat.  Well after Sunday School is Relief Society.  This lady got up and told everyone that she had to get mad at one of the kids in the class, but they deserved it for being disrespectful. She said she made her cry and she was sorry, but wanted the mom to know it was her fault. My wife is sitting there and just thinking, oh no, that was my daughter. I am not sure why she would think that, but she just knew. My daughter told her side of the story on the way home and told us she didn't want to go back.  The other teacher one week, asked my daughter to stay after class. She then told my daughter that she needed to work on her personal revelation. My daughter was caught off guard and didn't know how to take this. Of course those with anxieties take both of these encounters as, oh no I am a terrible person. There were just similar things that went on all year and she really had a hard time going this class.

Comments

  1. The fact that two separate teachers can be so rude to students baffles me. For one, regardless of whether or not the teacher found your daughter's laughter to be disrespectful, she had no business telling about it in Relief Society and it was certainly childish of her to say she wanted the girl's mother to know it was the girl's fault. This isn't kindergarten!

    As for the bit about the personal revelation, you don't "work" on your personal revelation. Heavenly Father reveals things to us on His time, not ours. When He is read to reveal something to us, he will. Yes, we need to keep praying, but it isn't like if you pray harder, longer, more often, etc., that Heavenly Father is going to say "There it is! That's what I was looking for! Ok, here's your revelation!" When He wants us to know something, He will tell us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment